Classes with Calley's Cakes
Book private one to one cake classes with Calley's Cakes and learn how to make your own beautiful cakes with hands on guidance and tuition from a professional cake maker. We cater for complete beginners or those looking to brush up on their cake decorating skills. Want to learn how to make a beautiful sugar rose or other sugar flowers? Cover a cake with sugarpaste for a clean professional look? Make sugar models or cupcake toppers? How to stack a multi-tiered cake? Neeed advice and support on how to make a wedding or celebration cake for a love one? or just have some fun with cake decorating?
Our classes are fun and relaxed we come to you and work with you in your home within Sussex we bring all the materials you will need including a 6" cake, 12 cupcakes or a 6" dummy cake for you to work with, modelling paste, flower paste, sugarpaste, wires, molds, cutters etc.... (other sizes are available for a small charge or we can work with your bakes) all we require is a clean table/worktop, access to a sink and clean water, and possible oven and/or microwave depending on your choice of lesson.
Our classes are based on what YOU want to learn the choice is yours although we are happy to lead and create a class for you.
Our classes are available on Mondays 10am-2pm other dates and times can be requested depending on our other bookings. If you wish to have help making a complicated design/wedding cake or multi tiered cake we advise booking in advance a block of lessons we can advise how many you will need depending on your requirements.
To book just click the link below select your date and we will contact you to confirm your class.
Price for 1:1 tuition is £175 for a 4 hour lesson with a deposit of £75 per lesson/person is required to secure your booking a full invoice and payment details will be sent to you with confirmation of your booking.
Children's cupcake parties are available dependent on dates required maximum of 10 people from £300 package includes 6 cupcakes per child and themed edible decorations, a box to take their cupcakes home, an apron for each child to keep, a certificate, and instruction. Venue is not included.
Group classes are available on request from £85 per person maximum of 10 people. venue is not included however we have a list of venues that can be booked on your behalf.
WHAT YOU GET:
* One to one instruction from a professional cake maker in your home
* Provided tools and professional equipment to create your cake/topper/item
* A cake/cupcakes/dummy cake to work with
* All ingredients and items required to make your cake/topper/item
* A choice of what you want to learn.
* A detailed list of what we will cover and items you will need if you wish to recreate your lesson yourself at a later date
*An apron to keep after your lesson - children also receive a fun certificate
* You may do the class with a friend for an extra £75 per person
* A block of classes can be booked with a 10% discount on 3 or more classes booked in the same year.
* Larger cakes or more cupcakes can be provided - Price on request
* A longer class can be booked at £35 an hour extra
* If you want assistance creating a cake for a specific occasion we are happy to assist over a few days and/or help with set up and delivery of wedding cakes - price on request - must be booked in advance availability dependent.
* Classes of more than two people can be booked and we have access to work space we are able to hire out occasionally please contact us with dates and numbers and we will try to accommodate you.
* Please contact us if you have any other requests and we will try to help you as best we can.